Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Orc Cookbook Review

An orangutan was hanging out on one of my book shelves this morning eating a banana when I came out for my morning cup of tea.  He said "Ook," which I vaguely translated as "Hi I'm a librarian from another world and I understand that you are improbably reviewing improbable things so I thought I would bring you a tame yet still improbable book for review kthxbieoldchap."

Even if the book were not improbable, I would still be reviewing it due to its mode of delivery.  It's not often one has such an august visitor from L-Space.

So, on to the review of "Granny Orc's Cookbook!"

Pros:
-The entire book is a picture book, making it accessible even to non-orc readers.
-Has some recipes I've certainly never heard of.  The only one I recognize is Swedish Meatballs... but I don't think I should tell you what part of the Swede the meatballs come from.
-A must-have for the eclectic cook.
-Includes recipes for lawyer, politician, and clown.

Cons:
-I found myself nibbling on myself partway through this cookbook, human sounded so tasty.
-Most of the ingredients mentioned in this book (hobbit, elf, etc.) are unavailable at the local grocer's.
-The "Troll Trifles" require a volcano for proper cooking.  Most kitchens do not have this appliance.

Verdict: This book is rated ook.

No comments:

Post a Comment